Friday, March 30, 2007

March 28, 2007 - What a Day!

Besides being involved in an accident, I guess one thing a driver dreads is going to the workshop to have the car fixed and not having the car for a few days! ok ok..another is of course footing the bill for the damage. This is what happened to me right now as I type away in this particular blog. My car was banged 2 days ago! It was stationary and parked right outside my students' house when it got knocked by a teenager trying to reverse his car out from his porch! Damn! Damn! Damn! Not to mention, a "P" driver!

Well, I wasn't that mad having seen the damage done by the accident, but what got me on my nerve was the fact that this fellow actually denied the whole thing! Thankgoodness my students' mother was at the balcony of her house and she witnessed the whole incident. The fellow actually had the cheek to say, "I didnt do it. It merely went past your car when I reversed mine." (note that there were a few scratches on his Kia Sephia and he still had the cheek to say he didnt do it) It didnt help that my car was already dented before this. I admit that it was not in a perfect condition (hence his denial) but to have my signal light broken by him and not admitting it really blew my top away! So there I was trying to get into his mind and bear the responsiblity of his mistake and all I got was "Why dont you talk to my parents!" And I said Ok...

"So where are your parents?"

"My mom will be home after 7."

So what else could I do except to wait for the return of the 'hero' mother? Anyway, I finally met up with her at her house and she directly told me to make a police report and claim the damages from her insurance company. I wouldnt say that she's not taking responsibility for her son's mistake .....but the damage is considered small and I dont think a police report is necessary lor.

"I know my son. This is not the first time he scratched the car. In fact, I wanna teach him a lesson. I'm asking him to make the police report himself tomorrow and he shall have his merit points deducted, considering him being a "P" driver. He's feeling very miserable right now."

Well, I was speechless. It's kinda good in a way to teach your son a lesson, but look here, you are also putting me into a troublesome situation to go all the way to the police station just to make a report on the small damage...just because you want to teach your son a freaking lesson!

To cut the story short, I managed to persuade her to settle the whole thing without the need to make police reports and compensate me on the damage done. So we agreed to spilt the bil into half, considering I already have some dents on my car previously. He just aggravated it and not to mention nicely broke my ever-trusting signal light!

Then there I was, in the workshop, leaving my baby for repair. The quotation - RM380 to fix the bumper with paint spray and replace the signal light.
So, as promised, I called up Mrs Chua (ya, 'hero's' mother) and told her the cost of repair for my car.




THE damages... *note the deepened dent right below the light (pic 2) and of course the broken light (pic 3) not to mention the extra scratches too...yes, thanks to the 'hero'*


*Phone conversation*

"Well, as you know, your car was already dented before my son hit it. So, I think it's only fair that you fork out more for the repair"

BLOODY F*#^ING HELL!

"But I thought you have agreed to foot half of the bill?"

"Ya, but according to my son, he didnt make such a big damage to your car."

"Well, Mrs Chua, I dont blame you for believing your son. And I'm honest enough to let you know that my car was already dented before your son banged it. But seriously, the signal light was indeed damaged by him. Not to mention the extra and deeper dent he left on my bumper."

"Ya, I know. But your car is not a new car. So it's not fair that I have to foot the bill for a brand new light. Ok la. Let's make this simple, I'll pay RM150 for your damage. Settle? You know I have have faced a lot of problems lately with my maid running away and me forking extra money to hire a new one." (*she has told me a long story about how my students' maid 'stole' her maid and that he maid ran away. Thank again to my students' maid. Well, that's another long story altogether. Pening nya kepala I*)

"Ya, I understand Mrs Chua, But you have to understand that your problem of your maid running away has got nothing to do with me. And it's only RM40 extra if you were to just agree to foot half of the RM380 bill."

"Ok la ok la. Let's not take drag this issue any longer. RM160. I'm also into some financial constraints you know. Ok? Furthermore, I didnt really get to see clearly the damage on your car because it was already dark last night when we met."
*like it's my fault that she couldnt see clearly in the dark...duh!*

"Well, what can I say. OK la. If you really need to see the damage, I have taken some pictures from my phone and I'll show it to u once I bring you the receipt and collect the payment from you when my car is ready."


*Phone conversation ends*

Did I mention that these people live in a semi-detached house in a gated and guarded community in Kota Kemuning? RM40 also she wants to bargain with me. I felt like as if I was in the pasar malam trying to get a good bargain for my groceries!

Sigh sigh sigh....people you meet in this world.

Well, looks like I have to fork out extra of what I expected earlier for my car.......















...another insight of my life...adios

No comments: