Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Happened all at once!

Just when I thought all things will go well and am looking forward to the CNY (not that I'm anticipating it that much...) and our getaway holiday to Bali thereafter (yeah! am looking forward mroe to this!)..............the bad vibes just have to happen this week...the final week of the lunar year before the arrival of the Rat year....
sigh......
But I take it in a stride when Samantha consoled me by saying that "let the small things happen to deter away the big bad oments...." well......I believe in you, Sam!

ok.....how it happened u may ask...hmm..where should I start? it's all jumbled up.....

First of all...just when I thought Zach was finally alright and up and about after a bout of flu and cough he contracted in school..... Daddy said, "Let's break the reacord Zach! Go to school for a whole full week this week!"...I was like "Yeah.....let's break the record man!"
U see...ever since the school started and my boy took his first steps in school, he has never completed a full week of attendance...it's either a fever, flu or cough! So we thought...for the final week before the end of the month, we are hoping that he could at least complete the attendance without being absent or whatever....

Well, no...it's not gonna happen anytime soon. He came back with a slight fever....yeah! again! after school on Monday! There goes!!!!!!!! Skipping school again the next day itself!
And just when I thought it's just gonna be a mild fever like any other fever he's got the weeks before........more in store after what happened next.....

Before I continue with Zach's 'exciting' frontier............
I met with a minor car accident on my way back from takign Zach to the clinic! yeah.....how unlucky! to cut a long story short, I knocked the rear side of a Mercedes Benz at a roundabout near my house and all in all.....it cost me RM750 for the compensation to the Benz owner and the repair of my own car bumper! Big hole in the pocket......

And just when I thought that the bad luck is finally over.......it's not.......AGAIN!!!!! We found some red spots on Zach's hands and legs the next morning (today) and the first thing that struck my mind was Gosh!!! Please dont let it be the Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease (HFMD)...My worst fear was confirmed when we took him to the doctor. Not only that, he is the 3rd HFMD patient the doc saw today and they are all from Zach's school! - The first one reported this year on January 15!
Our first reaction was "how could the school not do anything about it? or at least have the courtesy to inform us, parents? It's been a freaking 2 weeks! Perhaps it could have been prevented if only they took more precaution about it!" And when I called the school, I was informed that 2 of Zach's classmates are confirmed victims of such disease as of today!...Zach being the 3rd one!

Things and fears parents go through........

Now that he's got it.....we cant do much about it as there's no medication or vaccinations for this airborne virus just yet and the only thing we could do for now is to pray and hope that the virus will finally leave his body and that his ulcers and rashes will go off by itself in a week's time!

......Am wondering what else is in store next.............No more please! I'm stressed enough.......it's not good for my pregnancy!!!!

No comments: