Monday, December 07, 2009

Warehouse sales mania

The whole month of December is unofficially THE warehouse sale month where many companies take the opportunity to clear all their stocks and make way for new products when the new year arrives.
Well, tht's good news for most shoppers, me included.
So last week, the first weekend of December was the start of all warehouse sales like Corningware, etc, FJ Benjamin, Nestle, Coach, branded cosmetics and fragrances (Lancome, Shu Uemura, Biotherm, Benefit), Cadbury, Giant, Watsons, Metrojaya....just to name a few....more actually...u can log onto www.shoppingnsales.com 

Well, I'm only gungho over certain products so I picked n chose which sales I wanted to go (my plan was to 3 sales - Corningware etc, Coach and FJB). So there I was.... all hyped up and geared up to brave myself into crowds of mostly housewives, mothers, daughters who go gaga over Corningware, Corelle, and Pyrex sale in Atria Jaya on Friday (4 Dec 2009). I was there with Vky and her bf, Benny. Thankgoodness Benny was there to help us carry all those stuffs. Our purchases took up 4 full trolleys. No Joke!

The results???



OK...the only things that are mine are 1 Corelle Dinner set, 6 of those white bowls, those 2 pots, 2 small Corningware and glass casseroles as Xmas gifts. The rest are LK's, CL's and Xiu's.

A fruitful outing indeed. These stuffs are more than 50% off the original price, except for Corelle dinner set. So, it's worth the buy....my own justification to myself.
More cooking to come to ensure I fully utilise them :)
We actually planned to Armada Hotel for Coach sale as our next stop after Atria. Stupid me for seeing the wrong date for Coach sale. It's on Sunday (6 Dec 2009) and only sale for ONE day. Bloody hell...forget it. No way I'm gonna go through the crowds in warehouse sales on a weekend.


OK...so those were the results of the first warehouse sale I went to.....

Next planned sale was to FJ Benjamin's in Klang with Maria the next day. Was actually looking forward to getting my hands on some cheaper-than-usual-price clothes/lingeries for myself, hubby and kids...but was disappointed by their sale this time. Nothing captured my attention. Nothing at all! And as I was walking towards the exit....this caught my attention....and it's my only purchase from their sale.....



I know I know...another peep-toe...I havent even worn the earlier 2 pairs I've got from NY. Well, I've always loved peep-toe shoes, just that I couldnt really find a nice and comfortable pair before this and those that I've got before this gave me blisters and I gave them all away. And this particular pair costs RM389 (usual price) and I dont think I'll fork out that much at it's original price lor. Well, I've got this at only RM150 at the sale...it's so comfy and it's by GUESS. 
Isnt it a good buy? *grin* even if they give me blisters in future...it's still a lovely pair :)


Well, shopping didnt stop there. Subang Parade was the next stop with hubby and kids. And this is what hubby got.....






Now.....I'll have more confidence driving myself to KL.........and I wont get lost shopping in KL or even out of KL!

It was indeed a weekend with many holes in the pocket!

No comments: