Thursday, November 12, 2009

Legacy???

You might have noticed by now that I'm suddenly so updated in my posting for my blog after a 6 month long hiatus. Well, I've had thoughts for the last few weeks that I might as well keep my blog active and updated again for my self-reading pleasure and well.....some of you might have a good laugh at this.....I can have leave behind a so-called legacy when I'm dead and gone one day. At least my children, friends and family members can still visit my blog from time to time to read on what I left behind and have some memories of me?? perhaps? hehe...I'll leave it to you to perceive it your way....



Anyway, speaking of legacy, hubby and I went for Michael Jackson "This Is It" movie last night - the final day of showing in cinemas worldwide (apparently) and boy were we mesmerized by the man himself! He was almost 51 and he could still do his stunts he did 30 years back! And he blended so well with his backup dancers who are like probably 30 years younger than him?








It was indeed worth every minute, cents and effort we had to catch the man ALIVE in that movie. Afterall it's the last piece and video captures of him alive before his untimely death in June this year. Some of the clips shown were the ones taken less than 24hrs before he was found dead! Somehow, someway we still have unbelievable feeling that the man is actually dead and gone! He looked so energetic and healthy in the video that it's just hard to believe that he died the next day!



I actually had tears in my eyes watching the man so intense in his performance that I wish all this was still a joke and that he'd jump out from the screen and tell us that the whole movie was just a snippets of his much-antcipated concert and that he is still very much alive and look forward to his performance live in London! Boy! it's been 5 months since he died and I still find it difficult to accept that MJ is gone forever.....



Kenny Ortega, the director for MJ's supposingly comeback concert did the perfect job in the movie by having some clips edited and made into such an amazing piece of artwork by the great King of Pop. It was indeed a movie filled with emotions, both happy and sorrow to see the man himself so involved in the making of what was to become his greatest masterpiece of all. He was so hands-on in his involvement with the crew and all that one would say that he's a true perfectionist when it comes to his profession - all in one objective - to bring out the best for his fans and the enjoyment in his passion for music.



It's such a waste that MJ didnt live long enough to prove it to the world that he deserves all the honour bestowed upon him and that he IS indeed the KING of the Pop the world might not be able to find a replacement for. But then he definitely left behind a very much cherished legacy and memories to his fans that will not be forgotten in a long long time to come akin to the greats of Elvis Presley, John Lennon, etc...



That man could finally rest in peace now and May God Bless his Soul.....




MJ; you are gone too soon, but definitely not loved and remembered too late. Love you forever........

No comments: